Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, please email us at email@example.com.
- 1.These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are SpeedyGifts of 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor W1W 7LT with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number 07903804455; (the Supplier or us or we).
- 2.These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked 'I Accept'. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- 3.Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- 4.Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
- 5.Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- 6.Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- 7.Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- 8.Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- 10.Website means our website https://speedygifts.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
- 11.The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
- 12.In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- 13.All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- 14.We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- 16.We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- 17.The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- 18.The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- 19.A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
- 20.Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- 21.No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- 22.We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
- 23.The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- 24.Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- 25.You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
- 26.We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
- 27.In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- a.we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- b.after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- 28.If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- 29.If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
- 30.If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- 31.We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- 32.You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- 33.If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- 34.The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
- 35.Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- 36.You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal and cancellation
- 37.You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- 38.You can cancel the Contract except for any Goods which are made to your special requirements (the Returns Right) by telling us no later than 45 calendar days from the day the Contract was entered into, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without liability, except in that case, you must return to any of our business premises the Goods in undamaged condition at your own expense. Then we must without delay refund to you the price for those Goods which have been paid for in advance, but we can retain any separate delivery charge. This does not affect your rights when the reason for the cancellation is any defective Goods. This Returns Right is different and separate from the Cancellation Rights below.
- 39.This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
- a.foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for current consumption in the household and which are supplied on frequent and regular rounds to your residence or workplace;
- b.goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- c.goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- 40.Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
- a.in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
- 41.Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- 42.The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- 43.To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
- 44.You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website https://speedygifts.co.uk. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
- 45.To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- 46.Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
- 47.We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
- 48.If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- a.14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
- b.(if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
- 49.If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
- 50.We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- 51.If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at 85 Great Portland Street, First Dloor W1W 7LT without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
- 52.For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- a.distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- b.sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
- 53.We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- 54.Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- a.be of satisfactory quality;
- b.be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- c.conform to their description.
- 55.It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub-contractors
- 56.Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- 57.In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- a.the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- b.the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
- 58.Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
- 60.For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- a.'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
- b.'GDPR' means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- c.'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- 61.We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
- 62.Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- a.before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- b.we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- c.we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- d.we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- 63.For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact CEO at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- 64.The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Trustpilot Review Competition
By entering this promotion, you accept and agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
This prize draw is strictly open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
There is no additional entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
This competition is run continuously throughout the year. One winner will be chosen in March, one in June, one in September and one in December 2019 and 2020. Enter by midnight on the last day of the month in March, June, September or December, 2019 and 2020 to be entered into the prize draw time period. Time periods are January to March, April to June, July to September and October to December.
We will contact the winner on the 31st of December 2018, 31st March 2019, 30th June 2019, 30th September 2019 and 31st of December 2019 and the winner will be announced within 36 hours after these listed dates. If you are a successful applicant and winner of the prize draw, please allow 28 days for the delivery of prize from the date of winning confirmation.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The prize for this competition is £50 to spend at speedygifts.co.uk
- If you leave a review on TrustPilot, you can receive one additional entry for each review
The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
• Entry can only be made once the Trustpilot review has been completed following a connected deal transaction from SpeedyGifts.
• The Trustpilot review MUST be completed in order to enter this prize draw – regardless of the score you decide to rate SpeedyGifts.
• The winner will be notified via email and an announcement will be made on SpeedyGifts' Social Media Channels namely (but not limited to) Facebook and Instagram.
• The prize for this competition is ONE £50 Voucher Code/Online Store Credit ONLY
• Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, acts of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
The Winners will be chosen and selection confirmed within 36 hours after the close of the competition. At this point, the winner must allow 28 days for the delivery of prize.
Employees of SpeedyGifts or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
Only one entry per person.
The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
If we, the promoter do not receive confirmation from the winner within a week of notification that the individual has accepted the prize, another winner from the prize draw will be selected.
The name drawn from the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this promotion.
Details of all winning entries will be available upon written request to the address below.
- The promoter for this competition is: SpeedyGifts, 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT
Win Big Competitions
These are the terms and conditions on which we promote our Win Big Competitions. Please read these terms carefully before entering into any of our Win Big Competitions. They tell you who we are and how to enter our competitions and how winners are announced and prizes can be collected.
1. The Promoter
The Promotor is SpeedyGifts. Our registered office is at SpeedyGifts, 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT.
2. The Competitions
2.1 We may run multiple competitions at differing times, or at the same time, and each competition will have the specific prize as set out on our website www.speedygifts.co.uk ("the Website").
2.2 The pricing of each competition is at the sole discretion of the promotor and will be as specified at the point of sale on the Website.
3. How To Enter
3.1 All competition entries must be received by the promoter via the Website.
3.2 To enter our competitions:
- You will need to select "Add to Cart" on the product which will be titled "Win a [Product Name]!" E.g "Win a iPhone XS!"
- Proceed to Checkout.
- There will be a charge to enter, between £1 and £2. This will be displayed when adding an entry to cart.
- By proceeding to enter, you agree to pay the entry fee displayed on the product page as displayed.
3.3 The Promoter will not accept responsibility for any competition entries that are delayed or lost in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
3.4 By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3.6 Competitions will end when all the entries have been purchased or the end date stated on the website is reached. We may, at our discretion, extend the end date for a further period of up to 6 months or to the deadline for the competition end date stated in the prize description.
3.7 The competition winner will be picked by a random number generator.
4.1 This prize draw is strictly open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
4.2 In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so within your country and eligible to claim the prize or any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
4.3 The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- (a) automatically generated by computer; or
- (b) completed by third parties or in bulk; or
- (c) incomplete.
4.4 Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
4.5 In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual submitting an entry form, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the individual in whose name placed the order for the entry.
4.6 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
5. The Prize
5.1 The prizes for each competition are set out on the Website.
5.2 Each prize will state the amount of entries that the Promotor requires in order to fulfil the prize advertised for the competition.
5.3 The price we state the product is worth is the price the same product often costs in major retail stores at the time of the listing, however, we may not amend what the "prize is worth" cost if others retail stores are having a limited time period sale.
5.4 If insufficient entries are made for a competition, the Promotor will substitute the prize with a cash alternative equivalent of 50% of the proceeds of all paid entries for that competition.
5.5 Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
5.6 If any prize is supplied by a third-party supplier (the "Supplier") the Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
5.7 Prizes are not negotiable or transferable.
5.8 There will only be 1 winner per competition.
5.9 The Promotor takes no responsibility of the prize awarded after delivery. The Promotor is not, for the purposes of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 either a seller or supplier of goods and the Promotor is not responsible for the prize in any capacity once the prize has been handed over to the winner.
5.10 The winner should affect insurance to take effect immediately upon being handed the prize as the Promoter does not insure the prize.
6. Winner and Winner Announcement
6.1 The Promoter will draw the winner of each competition within winner will be announced within 36 hours after the closing date. If you are a successful applicant and winner of the prize draw, please allow 28 days for the delivery of prize from the date of winning confirmation.
6.2 In the event that the Promoter closes a Competition early, the winner will be selected from all valid and eligible entries received by the Promoter prior to the date of closure, except that the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a competition early without selecting a Winner. In the event that a competition is closed without selecting a winner, the Promoter will give all entrants a credit to the same value as the competition entry payment to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent competitions.
6.3 The winner will be picked at random by a random generation number machine.
6.4 The winner of the competition will be announced on the Website within 36 hours of the draw (Announcement Date).
6.5 The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
6.6 The Promoter will contact the winner by email or SMS text as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the registration form.
6.7 Details of all winning entries will be available upon written request to the address below:
6.7a SpeedyGifts, 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT
7. Claiming The Prize
7.1 You must get in contact by replying to the Promoter's email or SMS text message to confirm you would like to claim your prize.
7.1 You will have 21 days from the Announcement Date to claim the prize. For smaller prizes that can be sent by post, we will usually send these to you by registered post within 14 days.
7.2 For items that would not originally be sent by post, you must contact us within the 21 days of the Announcement Date to arrange for delivery or collection of the prize. You will be responsible for arranging the collection or delivery and for paying all associated costs.
7.3 If you do not claim the prize within 21 days from the Announcement Date, your claim will become invalid.
7.4 The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
7.5 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
8. Limitation of Liability
The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/fitness for purpose/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up/collecting the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
9. Ownership of Competition Entries And Intellectual Property Rights
All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt.
10. Data Protection and Publicity
10.2 If you are the winner of a competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce you as the winner of that competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. You also agree that you will provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by the Promoter in connection with the competition and in identifying you as a winner of a competition.
10.3 By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
11.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in any of its competition.
11.2 The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competitions where it becomes necessary to do so.
11.3 If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect..
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. Customers may contact us by using firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 business days.